Re: about FTP reliability...

From: Alejandro Escalante <alejandro_escalante_medina_at_yahoo.com.mx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:22:30 -0600 (CST)

Sounds very strange, indeed. My software is now going into test phase. I guess it's going to be stressed a little. I will report then.
Thank you very much to all,
Alex
 Guido Neitzer <guido_at_objectpark.org> wrote:Alejandro Escalante wrote:

> So, the questions is: how reliable is FTP, on your own experience?

This seems to be very reliable. I had no problems so far, but I had
other strange things happening but can't replicate them for sure:

Sometimes a directory isn't loaded. If I set libcurl to verbose mode,
it runs fine. Switch back --> nothing happens. Switch on, it works.
Next day everything is fine in all modes (with and without log
output). Also sometimes it doesn't work in "normal" mode, but runs
fine in the debugger.

I use the current stable version with Mac OS X.

cug