Re: curLib and OpenSSL and certificates on Windows

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:34:01 +1100

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:10 am, Dave Halbakken wrote:
> TiborSzoke_at_domino.eWorldES.com wrote:
> > As the docs pointed out CURLOPT_CAPATH doesn't work on Windows

From memory, that documentation is based on 'unsubstantiated rumour'.

> Just a note that CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER with CURLOPT_CAPATH works for me
> on Win2K Pro, so the docs may be wrong.

In fact, the only potential issue I have seen actually verified was that you
do have to mess about setting up the certificates for CAPATH as files named
after their certificate hash keys (as you described earlier).

Openssl comes with a makefile to do this, but that specific script depends on
symlinks and perl, which may be difficult for windows. If you are
prepared/able to set this up 'manually' (or with some other script), then
certainly, I know no reason it shouldn't work...

Cris

(Contributor of the CURLOPT_CAPATH code & doc).