Re: libcurl memleak

From: <cml932atom_at_sulusea.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:18:48 -0500

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:24:30PM -0500, Avery Fay wrote:

> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT, 0);
>
> I did this originally because I was having sporadic crashes in libcurl's
> DNS cache code. At one point, I tried setting CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE
> to 0, but I ran into other problems doing that.

When where these sporadic crashes occuring? During
curl_easy_cleanup() or elsewhere, such as curl_easy_perform()?

Our program is experiencing sporadic crashes in curl_easy_cleanup()
and we traced the crash back to the following block in easy.c:

  if (!Curl_global_host_cache_use(data)) {
    Curl_hash_destroy(data->hostcache);
  }

Pure speculation here, but it appears that the DNS global cache may be
a common link in both reports of sporadic crashes.

We will try your approach of disabling the host cache (via cache
timeout) and see if that clears up our seg fault problem as well.

See thread: Segmentation fault in curl_easy_cleanup() [AIX]