Re: libcurl (perl) and windows

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_awayweb.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:00:23 +1100

Nick,
for further reference, here's a copy of the procedure used (successfully) by
Shawn Poulson to build Curl::easy on windows with curl.7.9.7. (He was
reporting a few bugs, which are fixed in the current release, so I've editted
this to remove that step):

Subject: RE: CURL Perl module?

My install/fix process:

- Decompress tar.gz
- Edit Makefile.PL to add correct curl-7.9.7 include directory in @includes
- perl Makefile.PL
- Edit Makefile
  - Line 264, Add "libcurl.lib" to LDLOADLIBS variable
  - Make sure libcurl.lib is installed in the VC6 lib directory
- nmake
- nmake test
- nmake install

Hope this helps. I'm running Win2k with Activeperl 5.6.1 build 631. And
I'm using libcurl 7.9.7.