Re: SSL certificates

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:41:25 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Dobromir Velev wrote:

> I noticed that curl reports errors for certificates issued for a whole
> domain like *.safe-order.net

> I tested with https://ajax.safe-order.net/

This seems to be the same conclusion that Philippe Raoult made and posted in
this bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=634700&group_id=976&atid=100976

I urge you to read the comments there, cluefully submitted by Cris Bailiff.

> If needed I could provide a patch but I'm not sure if I can make it
> portable enough

Thanks! I always welcome any code that improves curl. If you provide the
patch, I'm sure we'll make it portable enough by collaborating. Just try to
follow the style of the already present code and you can't end up totally
wrong!