SSL questions

From: charles <sanders-consulting_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:20:21 -0800

Hello again, sorry to flood the list!

I am new to using libcurl with SSL, and have a few questions.

The sample (simplessl.c) shows that you need a client certificate and a client key. Given a web site (https://curl.haxx.se) how can I obtain these to pass them along ? Also is the sample supposed to download the HTTPS home page of curl ? because I couldn't get it to work, it says its using testcert.pem and cacert.pem but those files are absent. (There is nothing in the header file its suppose to dump, I have the SSL DLL's in the path but still not sure if SSL is working correctly, this is windows so i cant use curl-config :( ). Is there perhaps another working sample of using SSL to download a HTTPS site ? Thanks!

Charles