Re: Does libcurl support chunking of downloads?

From: Andrew Francis <locust_at_familyhealth.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:21:04 +0800

> Following the examples packaged with curl, I was able
> to create a program that can download a file based on
> an URL. However, if the file is big, it'd be nice to
> be able to open multiple streams, each one downloading
> the file at different parts, and then combine them
> back after the download to create the original file.
> Is this even possible?

<two cents>
It's a nice ability to have, but I'm of the opinion that this doesn't
belong in cURL. If at all, then maybe as a utility function on top of
the existing multi interface. With regards to stuff like configuring
headers, the curl interfaces are very oriented towards every HTTP
connection being visible to the user.
</two cents>

--
Andrew Francis