Re: Eliminating Borland C++ Builder Warnings

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:11:24 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Alexander J. Oss wrote:

> What's the best way for me to propose code changes? A long email with a
> numbered list of changes? Or something through sourceforge? Or something
> else?

The by far best method:

1. Make all the changes you need to do to eliminate the warnings.

2. Use the GNU diff program to generate a unified diff output in this style:

   diff -ru curl-7.10.2 curl-directory-i-modified

  (where curl-7.10.2 is the unmodified source tree and
  curl-directory-i-modified is the one which your fixed version)

3. Post the patch (the output from diff) on this mailing list.

There are win32-versions available of the GNU diff program.

If you do need to make any larger changes to remove a warning, then please
consider making that as a separate patch if you think it may lead to problems
or needed fixes on other platforms/compilers/CPUs etc.

Just go ahead, if you need any help or if we have comments on the fix, we'll
comment as you go!