Two Borland Compilation Recommendations

From: Alexander J. Oss <alexoss_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:51:08 -0500

I think I'm going to hold off trying to eliminate the warnings I get with
Borland C++ Builder 5 right now; I don't have the time to attack all 135 in
a consistent manner (especially tough ones where I'm warned that parameters
are unused, but removing the names causes an *error* since C requires
parameter names). But I do have two things to mention.

1. Borland defines __WIN32__ (that's two underscores on each side), not
WIN32 or _WIN32. There's a comment in setup.h about trying some
preprocessor tricks out to help with that.

2. In curl.h, the include files easy.h and multi.h are #include'd in the
*middle* of the file, which causes some interesting problems because they
are in the middle of an extern "C" block. It'd probably be better to end
the block before the inclusion, and start a new one right after. Or perhaps
to only make extern "C" blocks around function prototypes...?

Hope that helps!