Re: Two Borland Compilation Recommendations

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:12:18 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Alexander J. Oss wrote:

> I think I'm going to hold off trying to eliminate the warnings I get with
> Borland C++ Builder 5 right now; I don't have the time to attack all 135 in
> a consistent manner (especially tough ones where I'm warned that parameters
> are unused, but removing the names causes an *error* since C requires
> parameter names).

Right, removing the parameters is not the way to fix the warnings. Something
like this is better:

 void function(int unused)
 {
   (void)unused; /* prevents compiler warning */
 }

> 1. Borland defines __WIN32__ (that's two underscores on each side), not
> WIN32 or _WIN32. There's a comment in setup.h about trying some
> preprocessor tricks out to help with that.

Aha! Me fix. The Borland makefile does however set -DWIN32 on the command
line so it makes little practical difference now.

> 2. In curl.h, the include files easy.h and multi.h are #include'd in the
> *middle* of the file, which causes some interesting problems because they
> are in the middle of an extern "C" block. It'd probably be better to end
> the block before the inclusion, and start a new one right after. Or
> perhaps to only make extern "C" blocks around function prototypes...?

Oops. I'll correct that too.

Thanks for your feedback.