Re: libcurl 7.10.2 act much more slower than explorer in Mac OS 10.2, who know why?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:15:05 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, wang yi wrote:

> It works, lightning fast now.

Goodie. Thanks for letting us know.

> Maybe the implementation of IPv6 in Mac OS X have something conflict with
> the libcurl.

I think it is more related to the fact that you probably don't have anything
IPv6-configured in your host.

The Linux implementation of getaddrinfo() is also much slower to resolve
names if it isn't setup to actually deal with IPv6 addresses, but for that
case we've worked out a way to detect it and work-around the slowness (by
simply not checking for IPv6-addresses but still using getaddrinfo).

We'll need help and insights from Apple-using people with clues to get to the
bottom with this one.