RE: HTTP PUT performance issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:21:01 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 RBramante_at_on.com wrote:

> So, the short of it seems that Win2k would prefer an 8k send size over a
> 20k send size given its druthers.

Hm.

Is this perhaps a multiple of 8K or possibly 4K? Could you try 16K or
something just for the fun of understanding this better?

I don't think there's any major disadvantage with going down to 8K but I'd
prefer to do a more moderate change.

Other reports (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-12/0038.html) indicate
that during some conditions on some platforms there's another problem related
to that 20K buffer size that is fixed when going down to 10K...

Many thanks for all your time and hard work!