Re: Download file size

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:03:02 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Amit Mongia wrote:

> Thanx a lot fo the input. By INFILESIZE being a limit i meant that the
> maximum value INFILESIZE can have, limits the size of the file that i can
> upload through put method.

Right, the value has a limit since we're using 32bit numbers. And that is
what limits it.

> My task was to try and download a 2 GB file from a server, without
> chunking.

So why use POST? Shouldn't you just GET it?

> So i just wanted to confirm that there were no imits from libcurl's side in
> doing that.

I'm not aware of any such limits. I believe you can download at least 2GB and
don't know of any problems downloading 4GB and it might just work to download
even more...