Re: Download file size

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:04:32 +0100

On Dec 11, 10:43, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Amit Mongia wrote:
>
>> I am tryng to download files using HTTP POST method. Is their any File size
>> limit for that in libcurl like for INFILESIZE in the PUT method?

Download, or upload?

[...]
>If you use POSTFIELDS to do the POST then you don't need to worry about the
>size unless the data is binary. Then you set the size of the binary chunk you
>want to post with POSTFIELDSIZE.

One thing to be aware of is that there is a (rather small) limit to the
amount of data that can be HTTP POST'ed through a squid proxy. The
symptom is that it just fails, and then it's time to check if there's
a proxy sitting in between somewhere..
This has nothing to do with curl, of course. Same thing happens from a
browser. But it's something to keep in mind.

-Tor