Re: libcurl tests for the test suite

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:36:03 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Sanjeev wrote:

> Though I have limited knowledge in c, i would like to extend my help in
> which ever way i can. Please consider me.

Let me tell you what is happening and how:

I've added a new subdir named 'tests/libtest'

In that dir, I'm putting files for testing. Each file is currently using the
form libXXX.c where XXX is the test case number and I'm starting at 500.

So far, lib500.c and lib501.c are in there. Both these files #include the
files first.c and last.c and provide very little libcurl-using code. I use
those somewhat ugly includes in there to really make the lib*.c files as
small and quickly written as possible. Both these test cases build individual
executables named lib500 and lib501 that are used for testing.

I've extended tests/runtests.pl to support two new tags in the test file
format so that we now can invoke other tools than "curl" for testing, like
for example libtest/lib500. The test file format now also include a tag so
that we can easily specify which servers a single test case needs to be up
and running for the test to be able to run.

If you check out the sources from CVS and you run autoconf and automake and
stuff, you should now be able to run test case 500, and if that works,
there's nothing that stops you from adding new test cases for various things.

I'll add some more very basic test cases first to make sure things are fine
(and that runtests.pl -g works as expected), and then I intend to fill in
code that have been reported to fail: those bug reports reported on the multi
interface.