Re: 7.10.2 error during build.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:05:56 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Fisk, Kevin wrote:

> <QUOTE>
> checking whether to enable debug options... no
> configure: error: conditional "CONTENT_ENCODING" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
> </QUOTE>

This error is plain bug in the configure script. It has been corrected in the
recent 7.10.3-pre releases and if you want to work around some 7.10.1
problems I think I'd advice you to go with a pre-release in the mean time.
Or, optionally, get the configure script from the pre-release and copy it
over to your 7.10.2 directory and run it there.

I don't expect to release 7.10.3 until mid January 2003 or so.