re: libcurl having problem with a proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 19:35:08 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> > Yes, curl should possibly be adjusted to work with it, particularly when
> > other open source software manages to work with it, but I still can't see how
> > this is a bug. I even can't see what we need to adjust to make it work in
> > such a away.
>
> The shop I work for is a Fortune100 with fairly decent equipment. I don't
> think that this is a fly-by-night proxy. If you can think of a way in which
> I can help you, let me know.

I would appreciate if you could make a network trace and show us a working
http request (only the GET and the associated headers) that for example wget
issues that work with this proxy, and then another request trace for curl in
the same manner (thus for a non-working case). It would give us a perfect
comparison.