Re: Can't find or build libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:18:33 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Michael D. Spence wrote:

> When I try to build curl from the latest source (curl-7.10.2.zip) I get
> this error:
>
> .\urldata.h(118) : error C2371: 'ENGINE' : redefinition; different basic
> types
> d:\openssl-0.9.7/inc32\openssl/ossl_typ.h(116) : see declaration of
> 'ENGINE'

That looks like there's something in the code that doesn't quite work for
OpenSSL 0.9.7.

Hm, try adding #define HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H in the lib/config-win32.h and
see if that helps. IIRC, they incorporated the engine stuff in the core-lib
starting with 0.9.7.

Anyone else tried curl on OpenSSL 0.9.7 yet?

(Note to myself: try this before doing the upcoming release.)

> I've also downloaded curl-7.10.2-win32-ssl.zip, but this doesn't include
> any libcurl (either .lib or .dll).

Right, it is a curl package, not a libcurl package.

> Furthermore, curl.exe won't run. It puts up an empty dialog box entitled
> "Unable to locate". A dependency scan indicates that it wants
> libssl32.dll, which I haven't got and which didn't get built when I
> downloaded and built openssl.

As mentioned in the OpenSSL package for Windows Jörn and Kevin have provided:

 "You may have to rename libssl32.dll to ssleay32.dll for some applications."

Could it be that it is called ssleay32.dll when you built it?