Re: [patch] add some performance metrics to libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:19:56 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2003, ian holsman wrote:

> I've attached a patch to allow libcurl to gather some metric information so
> it can tell us things like how long the DNS resolve took, and how many
> redirects the request took.

Thanks for your work!

However, I'm not a big fan of more conditional compiles that only very few
people will want and that will introduce different libcurls that will work
differently without it being very obvious to the users of the libs.

Can't you instead work on integrating your changes into the actual general
libcurl and not just special-purpose for only your use-case ?