Re: POST and Expect: header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:14:20 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Duncan Wilcox wrote:

> I'm using curl to script a site, this is the curl version string:
>
> curl 7.10.3 (i386-portbld-freebsd4.6) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6a ipv6
> zlib/1.1.3

[nicely made trace cut off]

> I'm under the impression that curl isn't waiting for the "100 Continue"
> response, is it correct?

I draw that conclusion as well. I'll admit that I'm not shocked by this,
since I did some pretty huge rearranges in the request-sending code for
7.10.3 and I guess I broke that piece then.

I guess it also proves that we need to add a better test case that really
verifies that we wait for the response before sending the rest.

> I'm willing to look into fixing this, if someone will give me a pointer to
> the area of the sources that should be hacked.

It may not be a very easy fix, but digging in the lib/transfer.c region is a
start. The Curl_readwrite() function is what gets called when there's data to
read or write and that is thus supposed to now send away the body-part until
the 100-header has been received.

The 'k->write_after_100_header' is supposed to be TRUE if writing should be
defered.

Have a check, and please ask if there's anything more I can point out.

I may even be around on IRC on freenode.net (as 'Bagder') during european
working hours and days (mostly hanging in #rockbox).

> Another minor problem I'm having is that curl --interface will coredump,
> maybe there's an easy fix for this.

Ugha! Didn't know that. Can you please provide us with a stack backtrace (or
even a fix)? I can't seem to make it crash on my Linux box (testing right
now).