PyCurl SSL on Win32

From: Ray S <r_san8_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:52:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi all

I recently began experimenting with PyCurl on Windows
and am finding it to be an excellent tool. However,
one thing that I am having trouble with is the SSL
functionality. Whenever I try to access an "https"
web address, I get the error which is shown at the end
of the following code listing:

>>> from pycurl import *
>>> c=Curl()
>>> c.setopt(VERBOSE,1)
>>> f = open('test1.txt', "w")
>>> c.setopt(WRITEDATA, f)
>>> c.setopt(URL,'https://login.yahoo.com')
>>> c.perform()
Traceback (most recent call last):
error: (35, 'SSL: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed')

Am I missing something that I need to have installed
to implement SSL calls? I tried looking through the
documentation and mailing list archives but could not
find anything conclusive on this point. I have
ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll installed in
c:\windows\system32, I am running Windows XP,
ActivePython 2.2, and have tried the above code both
with pycurl-ssl-7.10.3.win32-py2.2.exe and with
pycurl-ssl-7.10.1.win32-py2.2.exe, without success. I
do not encounter any problems when I use identical
code with non-SSL URLs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ray.