Re: SSL error w/libcurl 7.10, need help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:55:45 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Derek Ealy wrote:

> Today I downloaded libcurl 7.10.3 and also the latest version of OpenSSL.
> After getting them built and installed I'm getting this error message when
> trying to retrieve a page via https:
>
> Caught exception: SSL: error:14090086:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>
> I've tried using CURLOPT_CAPATH and pointing it to a dir with the
> ca-bundle.crt file but that isn't helping.

Well, if the CA cert bundle is good for that server's bundle it gives you
this message as well. The site you're talking to might be self-signed.

Have you done the magic things necessary so that CAPATH works for you on
Windows? AFAIK, it requires that you hack the script that uses symlinks in
the original or something like that.

> Its doubly confusing because when I use the command line version of curl to
> access these https urls it works with no problem.

That certainly seems odd. Have you used the CA options the same way the curl
command line tool does?