RE: libcurl problem

From: Kamieniecki, Darcy <Darcy.Kamieniecki_at_ta-alberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:36:56 -0700

Daniel:
Thanks for your feedback:

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stenberg [mailto:daniel_at_haxx.se]
Sent: January 29, 2003 10:24 PM
To: libcurl Mailing list
Subject: Re: libcurl problem

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Kamieniecki, Darcy wrote:

> I am having troubles using java and libcurl v7.9.5 to get a web page for
me.

I advice you to upgrade libcurl to a more recent version.
        If I can avoid it, I would like to postpone that until my next
release of my application.

> I can successfully connect to my remote site and download the info.csv
page
> using the following curl command line:
>
> curl -s --cert pemfile.pem https://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/login.asp -d
user=<user>
> -d pswd=<password> -d login=Submit https://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/CheckUser.asp
> https://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/info.csv

So why is your java code not doing it this way? You say it fails to pass on
cookies, but this command line version doesn't use cookies at all!?
        How do I get my java code to do it that same way as the above
command line?
        How do I tell it to the session id cookie?

> For whatever reason, it doesn't look like the session id generated by the
> first page request is used by the second page request. If I manually set
> the session id, it works fine.

The "session id" being a cookie, can you see that it is stored in the cookie
file properly after the whole operation?
        The cookie file is never generated. I looked through the mailing
list and you
        mention that curl_easy_cleanup() should be called to create the
file.
        Which object has this method?

Can you see it being sent and received by curl in the first response?
        Yes, I can.