Issue with <CR> being appended in a FTP transfer

From: Uday Singh <usingh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 00:26:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the wonderful library. It saved me quite a bit of code, that I
would have to write myself.

Here is an issue that I haven't been able to get around.

I am trying to get a file from a FTP location.
I use the curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "RETR <file-name>");

The file I get back has carriage return (\r). I would ideally like to get the
file as-is without any modification.

I tried setting the mode to ASCII (CURLOPT_TRANFERTEXT set to non-null). That
didn't fix it.

I tried calling "TYPE I" (to set the mode to binary) through the curl_slist
using the CURLOPT_PREQUOTE option. That didn't seem to makea difference.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? Any advice you may have to offer
will be great.

Thank you and wishing you a happy new year!

- Uday

=====