gethostbyname_r

From: kilaru <kilaru_at_netcontinuum.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:51:57 +0530

Hi all

I am using redhat 7.2 with 2.4.12 kernel.
My curl is 7-9-8.

My application is giving seg fault when I give ill-formatted IP address.
Ex: "192.168.128.45:" -- ':' is also given to curl library along with the
valid IP address.

I saw in debugger that gethostbyname_r() was returning 0 for that IP address
where it should have returned some error.

Does anybody have any clue abt this? Has anybody faced this?

I checked in the archives and found couple of mails abt some problem with
gethostbyname_r() in RedHat 8.

I also found that somebody has posted some patch for that problem with
gethostbyname_r().

Where do I get that patch?

Thank you

bye