Re: libcurl: errors string to users

From: Avery Fay <avery_fay_at_symantec.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:38:07 -0500

It has the advantage of not requiring a separate error buffer for each
simultaneous transfer.

Avery Fay

Symantec Corporation
Office:
(781) 530-2489
eMail:
avery_fay_at_symantec.com

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Sent by: curl-library-admin_at_lists.sourceforge.net
02/24/2003 05:23 PM
Please respond to curl-library

        To: "Juan F. Codagnone" <juam_at_arnet.com.ar>
        cc: libcurl Mailing list <curl-library_at_lists.sourceforge.net>
        Subject: Re: libcurl: errors string to users

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Juan F. Codagnone wrote:

(Your mail had malformatted MIME headers)

> hi. i was looking at libcurl's functions, and i didn't find anything to
> convert CURLcode to a nice string to print to the user.

If you use CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, you'll get a human readable error
description
of errors that might occur.

> i attach you a script that extracts the comments from curl/curl.h and
> creates the function curl_strerror; and an example of the output
> (curlerr.c).

I honestly can't see the point in adding such a function.

But of course, I'm listening to what others have to say about it.