Re: Mandrake 9.1 Cooker

From: Tom Reader <tom_at_proxima.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:34:58 +0000

At 07:11 AM 2/26/03 +0100, you wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Tom Reader wrote:
>
> > libcurl version: 7.10.3 (my program is statically linked to libcurl)
> > platform: Mandrake 9.1 RC1 "Cooker"
> >
> > My simple libcurl application (which is running successfully on several
> > different flavours of Linux) seems to have a problem running on Mandrake
> > 9.1 RC1 "Cooker".
> >
> > Specifically, I get the following error:
>
>[snip]
>
> > Called from gethostbyname2_r
> > Called from gaih_inet
> > Called from getaddrinfo
> > Called from Curl_getaddrinfo
> > Called from Curl_resolv
>
>[snip]
>
>This shows that you have a libcurl build with IPv6 support, and when it tries
>to resolve a name using getaddrinfo() it crashes.
>
>This is not a known problem (to me at least).
>
>What glibc version is this?

The library shows the following:
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.1, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.2.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.1 3.2.2-1mdk).
Compiled on a Linux 2.4.21 system on 2003-02-17.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk

>A reasonable work-around might be to rebuild libcurl without IPv6 support, as
>then it'll use gethostbyname_r() instead of getaddrinfo()...

Thanks - I'll give that a try shortly and let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Tom Reader

You can use your computer to help with the fight against cancer and other
diseases - please see http://www.find-a-drug.org - (Linux beta now available)