how does curl act if gethostbyname returns several addresses

From: Jörg Müller-Tolk <curl_at_mueller-tolk.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:46:11 +0100

Hi All

Please excuse me asking something, I could find out by digging through
the source code.
But the fair CeBIT is so close, that I can't afford.

Can someone tell me at hand, how curl acts in the following case:
gethostbyname returns several addresses and the machine of the first
address is down.

Does it try the further onces or does it fail imediately?

many thanks