Stopping a "multi" transfer

From: Martin C. Martin <martin_at_metahuman.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 21:11:15 -0500

What's the right way to stop a multi transfer in mid-transfer? I'm
writing a streaming audio client, and when the user wants to switch to a
different source (or just stop), I need to stop the transfer.

curl_multi_cleanup says:

 * It does not free or
 * touch any individual easy handles in any way. We need to
define
 * in what state those handles will be if this function is called
 * in the middle of a transfer.

which doesn't give me a lot of hope. On the other hand, if I take my easy
handle out of the multi, can I just call "curl_easy_cleanup()" on it?
Does curl_easy_cleanup() know about the nefarious activities that the
multi interface may have been up to?

Thanks,
Martin