Re: Segmentation fault with v7.9.8 of libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:04:48 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Uday Singh wrote:

> From the stack trace it looks like it is accessing a string that is not
> good (either bad heap or not properly terminated). The same piece of code
> seems to behave okay with 7.10.3v. I just want to confirm that this is in
> fact a bug and it has been fixed.

If this research is important to you, then recompile your libcurl with the
debug option so that we'll get to see what parameters each function call in
the stack trace are receiving. Then I believe we can see exactly what causes
this crash and then we can check out the current source if it prevents this
from happening.

Or else, use 7.10.3 and be happy the crash is gone.