Problems with curl tool

From: Gioffredi, Pompea <Pompea.Gioffredi_at_getronics.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:11:53 +0100

Hi all.

I attempt to connect to a secure server (openssl.org) but the 'curl' tool returns with an error (7: connection failed).
The command is "curl https://www.openssl.org".
Th response doesn't change if I launch the command with the ssl version (curl -3/-2 https://www.openssl.org)

If I use IE to connect to the same server, I have no problem (ie the server send me own certificate).

I need to make a connection to a secure server to see if the first response of the secure server is own certificate.

Does anyone tell me the way for init a secure connection with a secure server ? (ie if I call the 'curl' tool should be the server certificate the first response of the server ?)

Thanks and Regards

Pompea Gioffredi