Re: Problems with curl tool

From: Götz Babin-Ebell <babin-ebell_at_trustcenter.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:59:22 +0100

Hello,

Gioffredi, Pompea wrote:

> I attempt to connect to a secure server (openssl.org) but the 'curl' tool returns with an error (7: connection failed).
> The command is "curl https://www.openssl.org".
> Th response doesn't change if I launch the command with the ssl version (curl -3/-2 https://www.openssl.org)

??
I have only a very old version (7.9.5) but I can connect successfully.

> Does anyone tell me the way for init a secure connection with a secure server ?
> (ie if I call the 'curl' tool should be the server certificate the first response of the server ?)

You can use openssl as a very basic tool:

openssl s_client -connect www.openssl.org -showcerts

But you have to do the HTTP handshake manually...

Bye

Goetz

--
Goetz Babin-Ebell, TC TrustCenter AG, http://www.trustcenter.de
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany