Re: ssl certificates again

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:11:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Philippe Raoult wrote:

> im still having problems with ssl certificates and i'd like to allow broken
> but commonly used certificates (sourceforge.net for www.sourceforge.net for
> example). Do you have suggestions as to how to do this cleanly ? The
> simplest way i could figure was adding a verify_certificate callback to the
> handle, but maybe it would be cleaner to be able to retrieve the cert with
> curl_get_info. Or maybe just add an option to allow for more tolerant
> certificate checking ?

I won't claim to be a frequent certificate user, but I know someone else was
about to do (or perhaps even made it) the verify_certificate callback
approach once before but I never got any code from that.

To me, it seems like the most generic approach as that in itself allows the
functionality of the other two mentioned featuers.