Re: 7.10.4-pre4 and ssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:52:47 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Avery Fay wrote:

> I just tried compiling 7.10.4-pre4 on Red Hat 8.1 (the 3rd beta) and I'm
> having problems. It seems that Session structure (can't remember exact
> name) is not getting the engine member compiled in so that the build
> fails. I looked at the header file urldata.h and the engine member is
> #ifdef with USE_SSLEAY so I assume that that does not get set when using
> openssl. Is this correct? I tried changing the #ifdef to
> HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H which in my mind would make more sense, but now it
> complains that ENGINE is not defined... maybe my ssl/engine.h is bad?
>
> I've tried this with openssl-0.9.7 which comes with phoebe (Red Hat beta)
> as well as the latest rawhide packages (openssl-0.9.7a). Neither work.

When you run configure on this system, doesn't it detect a <openssl/crypto.h>
header file and thereby set the corresponding HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H define in
lib/config.h ?

I'm right now changing the code so that the ENGINE thing will only be used
(and there will be no "extra" typedef) if HAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H is set. Thus,
if people don't get that set and still build with a ENGINE-capable OpenSSL,
it will still build fine... only without ENGINE support, not with a compiler
error as it does now.