Asynch DNS

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:15:48 -0500

The multi interface is great for allowing asynchronous sockets, but what
about DNS? Is there anyway I can handle the DNS lookups? I intend to use
libcurl in a single threaded (non 'child forking' model) server application.
Because of this, I need everything to be done asynchronously. As I said, the
multi interface solves the problem with sockets allowing me to use my won
select() loop, but what about the DNS lookups? I looked through the docs, I
didn't see anything that allowed me to handle a DNS lookup, so what I
thought of was, if I pass a URL in the form of say
http://127.0.0.1/file.html will libcurl still attempt any kind of DNS
lookup? Meaning if I do the DNS before I ever even call libcurl and pass the
IP as part of the URL, will it allow me to fully control the DNS? Or is
there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
-- codemastr