Re: Asynch DNS

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:02:39 -0500

> There has been no progress on libdenise for some time, mainly
> because my sparetime is a limited resource these days. Whether
> or not a stable version will be available within a year is
> difficult to say.
I understand that completely, it's just, it seems many free projects that
have the potential to be very useful to many people are dying off. A fully
functional, cross OS, IPv4 and v6 resolver that supports both synchronous
and asynchronous lookups is something that I'm sure many people would want.
It seems as if most of the other projects that intend to do a similar task
have died. adns for example hasn't had a release for over 3 years. FireDNS
hasn't had a release for about 5 months. I just personally think something
like that would be a great feature (I've looked for such a library on many
occasions), I'd hate to see yet another one die.