Re: anyone else experienced this?

From: Philippe Raoult <phir_at_gcu-squad.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:01:26 +0100

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:46:55 +0100 (CET)
Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> This scenario is from the bug report #708708, see link below.
>
> -- start --
> I encountered a problem with curl-7.10.3 on RedHat7.3. I wrote a simple
> program to go to the following urls in this order:
>
> 1. http://www.baylor.edu/frankie
> returns 302 and redirected to....
> 2. http://www3.baylor.edu/frankie
> return 404 and error page
> 3. https://www.baylor.edu/includes/nsstyle.css
> notice the "https:" at the beginning
> return 200 ok
> 4. http://www.yahoo.com
> return 200 ok but the content is actually http://www.baylor.edu/
>
> Notice that this problem __only__ appears when curl is set
> to use proxy server.

looks like the reuses the proxy connection but it is actually CONNECT'ed to
baylor.edu. You therefore probably get https://www.baylor.edu/

note that i havent experienced this, this is just a shot in the dark. You
should try removing the proxy for https connections and see if it still
happens.

regards,
Philippe