really dumb question I'm sure

From: <josh.m.daynard_at_accenture.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:46:21 -0500

OK, really dumb and simple question here. Of course I apologize if this
simple topic is covered in the docs ...

I'm using libcurl in windows as a dll and I'm calling it from another dll.
My only purpose for it is to hit a 'monitoring' website URL and I don't
want any data back at all ... I don't care about the response and I don't
want to write it to stdout or a file at all. In fact, I think the default
behavior of writing to stdout is causing some issues for the program that's
calling my dll.

So my question is: is there anyway in libcurl to just tell it not to bother
writing the response anywhere? Obviously this option seems dumb since why
bother sending a request to a URL if you don't really want the response,
but in my case it's true. I check the res code to make sure I got through,
but I don't care about the actual response. If I was on a unix box, i'd
probably just open /dev/null and point the write callback there, but I'm
not sure what to do in Windows? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Josh

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.