https/sftp library (need help)

From: Naved Khan <navedk_at_cybage.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:34:03 +0530

Hi,

I want to develop a cross-platform library of api for https and sftp. All
the basic functionality is needed for both protocols, including the
timeouts. Redirects should preferably be handled automatically. All
standard HTTPS errors must be recognized. It should be packaged in an easy
to use (preferably object-oriented) api. Can I use libCURL to achieve the
same. I will look into the documentation provided on this site. Does anyone
have a C++ wrapper library build around libCurl for https and sftp? Is FTPS
a feasible alternative to SFTP considering the fact that FTPS is a somewhat
"hacky" protocol with SSL for the initial control connection and the
transfer connection is unencrypted?
Any input on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Naved