Re: http status code early?

From: David Boyce <dsb_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:41:23 -0500

At 02:13 PM 4/4/2003 -0500, RBramante_at_on.com wrote:

>Well I guess that the " general-purpose hook to look at all headers before
>processing the body" is already provided. It is the header callback.
>
>The buffering issues can get quite unwieldy (especially with large amounts
>of data) which is why I assume the design uses callbacks in the first
>place.
>
>There is a little bit more complexity for the coder here than your
>suggestion of get_headers()/get_info(), but I think it provides the most
>flexibility. You can effectively accomplish the same thing but have to
>write a little more code.

You're referring here to CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION? This is called once per
header, right? I'd missed that and, yes, it would work. Having a one-time,
general purpose hook to get in between the headers and the body might be a
bit more convenient but might also be seen as creeping featurism. I can
certainly live without it.

David