Re: Curl::easy resources? - CPAN upload

From: Philip Newton <pnewton_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:46:09 +0200

On 16 Apr 2003 at 8:59, Cris Bailiff wrote:

> I don't like design by comittee (so I'm not asking for a vote here), but if
> anyone has any strong feelings on module naming, I guess now is the time to
> let them out, as I'm planning to 'do something' in the next week or so.
>
> So, 'WWW:Curl' anyone?

That sounds OK, especially since brian suggested it, too. It also goes
along with WWW::Automate and WWW::Mechanize, which are kind of
automatic clients.

On the other hand, Curl can also do FTP and Gopher. But there's kind of
a precedent with LWP (libwww for Perl), which can also do FTP yet has
"WWW" in its name.

I can't think of anything much better, either. (And I agree that Net::
is not a good namespace, since that's typically for implementations of
specific protocols.)

Cheers,
Philip

--