Re: Access to server certificate or verify callback?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:05:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Scott Cantor wrote:

> For more complex processing scenarios, it would be really useful to be able
> to obtain a copy of the server's SSL certificate when making an HTTPS
> connection. Alternatively, being able to provide an OpenSSL callback verify
> callback to override the default processing would be another way of
> accomplishing something similar.

Both of your requests have been received on this list before, but so far no
one has introduced a nice patch introducing them.

I would say that Philippe Raoult has come closest, as he submitted a patch
back in March that adds a callback for the certificate verification:

        http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2003-03/0173.html

(See that thread for my comments and why it wasn't applied, yet.)

> Is that something that could be added to the code? If it would expedite
> things, I could probably provide a patch to do one of these.

I (and others) would certainly appreciate it!

I guess Philippe's patch could be used as the basis, and then the tiny quirks
could be smoothened and then we are game. At least that's what I think, I'll
admit I haven't been investigating the patch very closely.