Re: SSL read error: 5

From: Dobromir Velev <curl_at_mail.bg>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:07:51 +0300

Hi,
I did some more testing and it looks that this error has nothing to do with
cURL so I'll check with the OpenSSL developers

Just for informtaion.

The openssl command I used initially was 0.9.6 and not 0.9.7 as I thought.

When I tried openssl s_client -connect ... with openssl newer the 0.9.6h
the connection to the server was closed imediately after sending the request
and no data is received back.

I also noticed that when this happens cURL waits for several minutes before
returning the error message. May be a check should be added to see if there
is data available for reading after sending the request headers to the HTTPS
server to avoid this.

Dobromir Velev