How do timeouts work?

From: Dennis Carney <dcarney_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:45:06 -0600

Hello, I wanted clarification on how timeouts work in cURL.

If I use CURLOPT_TIMEOUT=120sec (for example), does the connection time out
if the *entire* transfer takes more than 120 seconds, or does it time out
if at some point cURL doesn't hear anything from the other end for 120
seconds (essentially, if there is 120 seconds of silence)?

Is the answer to this question affected in any way by CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL?

Thanks for the information.

Dennis Carney

www.enterpriselinuxforum.com