Re: SSL Certificate Problem

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:41:12 +0000

Napt Napt wrote:

> So I made sure I linked my program with the libcurl.so file found in the
> separate
> directory I had specified with --prefix option.

I may be on the wrong track, but...

Shared objects are linked at run-time. This is done by selecting the
first libcurl.so found in the library search path. Unless you have
told the linker to add a directory to this search path (IIRC -rpath
on Linux), only the default search path (listed in /etc/ld.so.conf
on Linux) and/or the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable will be
searched. If your --prefix directory is not in this path, your
newly installed library will not be found.

The easiest way to examine what shared objects are linked is to use
the ldd command on your program.