Building curl with CodeWarrior 8.3

From: David Nock <davidn_at_accessitsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:33:34 +1200

Hi,

I'm trying to build curl 7.10.5 with CWPro 8.3 on Win2k as a static library.

Initially this produced 20 errors and 19 warnings. Most of the warnings are
regarding functions with no prototypes - no real problem.

Of the 20 errors I've managed to resolve 6 but the other 14 are a causing
a problem. They are all from telnet.c and relate to redeclarations of
structs and types in winsock2.h e.g.

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'fd_set' redefined
winsock2.h line 102 typedef struct fd_set {

Error : identifier 'fd_set' redeclared
was declared as: 'struct fd_set'
now declared as: 'struct '
winsock2.h line 105 } fd_set;

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'timeval' redefined
winsock2.h line 146 struct timeval {

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'hostent' redefined
winsock2.h line 202 struct hostent {

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'netent' redefined
winsock2.h line 215 struct netent {

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'servent' redefined
winsock2.h line 222 struct servent {

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'protoent' redefined
winsock2.h line 234 struct protoent {

Error : struct/union/enum/class tag 'in_addr' redefined
winsock2.h line 318 struct in_addr {

Both winsock.h and winsock2.h declare these so is that causing a problem?

For now I've just disabled telnet support but it would be nice to be able to
build the complete library.

Cheers
Dave