Re: SSL Certificate Problem

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:17:28 -0700 (PDT)

> That was the problem!!! Thank you so much :-)

Looks like I'm a little late, but here's my 2c, anyway...

If you want to be sure you are linking to the right lib, maybe you could
call curl_version() or curl_version_info() somewhere in your program?

If you're feeling brave, you should be able to uninstall the existing RPM
by doing something like this:

# Keep a list of what/where the existing files are installed...
rpm -ql curl > ~/curl_files.log

# Uninstall the package, without dependency checking...
rpm -e --nodeps curl

Unless SuSE has done something really radical with their build of curl,
YaST should be able to use the newer version of curl as well, but you
might need a symlink if the new one is in a different location.

You will probably want to have a copy of the original curl installation
RPM, just in case.

SuSE usually includes a copy of their "diff" file in the source package
for each RPM, if you want to have a look at what makes their version
so special.