Re: Question about curl..

From: Matt Veenstra <matt_at_tribeworks.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:02:43 -0700

> So, write the necessary wrappers for libcurl so that you can use it from
> within ASP. I have no idea what it takes. I don't know of any such existing
> effort. Perhaps someone on the list can tell me I'm wrong?

    Hello,

The libcurl side of this will be easy if you have written ASP plugins
before. The framework of ASP and IIS is more difficult than the libcurl
side. You don't have to worry much about threading and such as this is all
handled by IIS. Just make sure you code is thread safe.

Just out of curiosity why can't you use one of the already available plugins
to handler URL etc? I think libcurl is great, but if something already
exists that can solve you needs I would look at that. WinInet is what most
of these are based on and is pretty fast.

Bye,
Matt