Re: post question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:57:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Paul Accosta wrote:

> I have a function that posts very large amounts of data to a server.
> Everything works great but I noticed that for every post the term
> "Content-Disposition" preceeds it.

You mean for every part of the post there's a Content-Disposition: header?
And yes, there is, as that's how they are supposed to be done! ;-)

> Ive notice with some of my other post from a cgi script do not add this in
> front of every post.

Post from cgi script? Can you elaborate on this?

And they're not "in front of" any posts. They're part of the post meta data.

> No having the extra words would reduce bandwidth considerably.

... and break RFC1867 compliance, iirc.

> I could not see a way to set this with the options so I was wondering if
> anyone has any input.

Correct, but if you can tell me how the posts are done without that header,
we can add a mechanism to remove it. Until then it stays as we need to send
proper formatted posts.