Re: curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:01:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, line delbosc wrote:

> I have two questions I am creating some unix little scripts but I have 2
> pbm:

I recommend the curl-users mailing list for questions about curl the command
line tool. You've reached the curl-library list, where we tend to discuss
libcurl issues.

> - If there is an error on the downloading I would like it begin again curl
> with -O and -C, to redo the downloading from where it stopped; how to do
> that after curl -O?

It can be made like this:

        curl -O -C - http://myfile.com/myfile.zip

> - if the size or % size characteristics file and the real size or % file at
> the end is not the same often it does not do anythingmore because it is
> still waiting data;

Yes, if there's still data to be received or sent, curl waits for it to
transfer.

> I would like that here if the real size is close to the characteristic size
> given, and if this period of waiting data is longer than 30'; it stops the
> transfer to continue what is said in the script. How to do that?

You use a libcurl binding for your favourite programming language and program
your own client to do that. curl the tool does not offer that option.

Good luck!